Question to you.
How would you transport refrigerated freight such as meat or some other perishable food from Miami,FL to Los Angeles,CA without altering it?
Hauling refrigerated freight in a dry van would most likely alter these products by their arrival to their destination. That's where reefer trailers fit in well.
Meat, dairy products, or other types of foods are considered to be refrigerated types of products because they require specific temperature levels during transportation.
What is refrigerated freight in the trucking business?
Refrigerated freight is any type of cargo that requires certain refrigerated temperature range during transportation to reach its destination without deterioration.
Types of Refrigerated Cargo
- Goods carried in frozen state i.e. meats, fish and butter.
- Goods carried in chilled state i.e. beef, vegetables, cheese and eggs.
- Goods carried in air cooled condition i.e. fruits.
Benefits of refrigerated freight hauling
- There is a constant need for fresh products or foods on the market, which means that refrigerated trucking is always in high demand. Produce shippers rely on this transportation method as the only way to deliver fresh and safe products across the country.
- Not only do food products fall under the umbrella of refrigerated freight. There is a wide variety of freight types that require temperature-controlled transportation such as plants, pharmaceuticals, personal care products, etc.
- During the transportation of refrigerated freight, you can monitor the levels of temperature, humidity, and other factors in real-time.
- The reefer continuous and cycle settings provide to set the necessary temperature inside the trailer.