Box trucks a popular type of trucks that are used in short-hauling.
You can often notice box truck running in and between cities.
In the below article, I'll share with you a lot of information about box trucks. You'll find out what is a straight truck, how to make money with a box truck, and how much can a box truck cost.
What is the difference between a straight truck and a box truck?
Many consider straight trucks to be the same as box trucks.
While this is true to some extent, these two terms are slightly different.
- Straight trucks are generally a group of trucks that have the tractor and the trailer attached to one single frame. This characteristic of straight trucks is also the main difference from a semi-truck that can drop and hook semi-trailers.
- A box truck is a type of straight truck because it also has its cab and trailer attached to on single frame. And the trailer has the form of a big box.
26 feet box truck dimensions and weight capacity
Find below the breakdown of box truck dimensions.
Box truck inside dimensions
Box truck inside capacity
1700 cubic feet
What are box trucks good for?
Many drivers buy one of these popular box truck brands to offer their delivery service for many industries within the city.
Moving companies often use box trucks for furniture and belongings moving. Food and beverage companies use them for delivering their food. Package delivery companies and all sorts of commercial goods suppliers also use box trucks, especially for shorter routes.
There are a lot of ways to make money with a box truck.
Making money with a box truck
If you own a box truck and you want to make money with it, be aware of two things.
- The first thing is to choosing the correct size and weight of the freight that can fit the box truck cargo area and it may impact whether or not the driver may need a CDL to drive the vehicle.
- The second thing is understanding how you want to make money with a box truck.
Do you want to:
- Or make extra money with a box truck side hustle?
Choose the best truck for your business
To make money with a box truck you have to either buy, rent, or lease a truck.
Whatever your option of securing the box truck is, choose one from the best box truck brands.
Consider what type of services you want to provide and choose the straight truck model that best suits your needs.
How much does it cost to buy a box truck?
A 26ft box truck may cost as following:
New Box Truck Prices
The price of a box truck depends largely on its size:
- Light duty class 2 and 3 trucks run $25,000 to $45,000.
- Medium duty class 4 trucks run $35,000 to $50,000.
- Medium duty class 5 trucks run $45,000 to $70,000.
Then, how much does a used box truck cost?
- Newer used box trucks range between $12,000 – $24,000.
- Box trucks that are 2 years old and less will cost between $30,000 – $41,000.
Before buying one, please make sure to check these 12 points to look for when buying a used box truck.