Got a box truck?
Did you know that you could make money with a box truck?
One way to do that is to turn the box truck side walls into a moving billboard.
That means selling your box truck's advertising space to other businesses.
The advertising campaign usually lasts 2 to 4 months. During this period of time, without changing your regular route, you can earn a passive income into your pocket.
Would you enjoy earning an extra $500 to $1000 without changing anything in your daily route?
Below, check a step by step guide on how to advertise on your box truck as a side hustle.
How to advertise on a box truck
1. Check your route's coverage qualifications
Businesses want coverage. They want many people to see their ad. And they are ready to pay well for good coverage.
So, if you run your box truck through small or unpopulated towns, you can't earn much by advertising on your box truck.Other important qualifications that you might want to meet is:
- Have a clean driving license.
- Own your box truck.
- Have full and active auto insurance.
- Be an active driver who makes frequent journeys or is on regular dedicated lanes.
2. Find advertising opportunities
The best way to sell advertising space on a box truck is by signing up with a middle-man specialty company.
They act as a go-to entity between businesseses looking for advertising opportunities and you the owner of a box truck looking to earn some money by advertising on it.
To find these advertising opportunities just search for "box truck wrap advertising". You will find guiding information or actual companies that offer this type of advertisin service.
3. Analyze the earning opportunities
Before signing up with an advertising service, make sure to analyze the proposed advertising rates against coverage that you and your box truck can offer.
It's a good idea to have a clear picture of what you can expect before you sign up for a partnership agreement.
- The rates depend on your location and how much visibility of the ad you can provide.
- The rate depends on the size of the wrap.
- The company that wants to advertise on your box truck may require you to install a GPS on your vehicle to make sure they are getting the expected exposure.
4. Sign up
After you've analyzed your qualifications criteria and you agree with the offered rate, it's time to sign up online.
Once you're on the advertising company's website, you need to provide personal information and information about your box truck, route, and driving habits.
After you complete filling the form, wait for the company's representative call. A representative should call to ask you more questions.Before signing up, make sure to read the terms and conditions.
5. Getting an offer
If the company selects you, they'll give you an offer to apply for an advertising wrap on your box truck.
This will come in the form of a formal contract. The document should provide the details of the arrangement, including the distance you have to drive daily or monthly, and where you'll have to park the box truck.
- Before signing the contract, make sure you know what kind of ad you will be obligated to put on your box truck. Box truck ads can be anything from a window sticker to a full-truck wrap. The rates you earn will vary but you should ask to see some pictures before you agree.
- If you don't agree with a full truck body wrap, you should better tell that upfront.
- You'll probably have to choose an advertising material such as an LED display or a truck vinyl wrap.
6. Take your box truck to be wrapped
In most cases, the company will install the wrap on the box truck by themselves.
To do that, they'll tell you where bring the box truck. Once, the box truck is brought in to that specific place the advert will be stuck on the box truck.
7. The box truck is ready to operate
Once the wrap is applied, your job, as a driver of that vehicle, is to drive as normal considering the agreement you have made with the advertising company.
You will likely have a GPS installed so they can monitor your driving route to ensure that you follow the contract requirements.